With summer fast approaching, that means the battle for the Triple Crown is on deck for horse racing fans! As we prepare for the Kentucky Derby and Preakness Stakes, it’s never too early to start dissecting the three-race series’s final leg. In the 154th running of the Belmont Stakes, Mo Donegal came out on top.
For the 155th running of the legendary race, we’ll head to Elmont in Belmont Park on Long Island. The race will be broadcasted on NBC, and the NBC Sports app – the race is scheduled to take place on Saturday, June 10, with the race starting at 6:44 PM ET. Although we do not have any odds or the exact field of horses that are slated to race, we will touch up on some of the details of the Belmont Stakes and some racebooks you can join before the race takes place!
Belmont Stakes Betting Sites
|Horse Racing Apps||Sign Up Offer|
4.8 Stars / 65.3k Ratings
4.7 Stars / 499 Ratings
|$200 Sign Up Offer|
4.6 Stars / 3.6k Ratings
4.3 Stars / 378 Ratings
|$200 Deposit Match|
4.6 Stars / 1.2k Ratings
4.7 Stars / 200k Ratings
|$20 No Sweat Bet|
4.1 Stars / 195 Ratings
Not in play store
|100% First Deposit Match up to $150|
Belmont Stakes Odds
Odds for the 2023 Belmont Stakes aren’t yet posted at this time. When they are available, be sure to come up and visit us here at USBets! We’ll compile odds from the industry’s top racebooks and put everything together here in our extensive preview of the third leg of the Triple Crown.
Below, you’ll find the closing odds of the 2022 Belmont Stakes.
(Post Position) Horse Trainer/Jockey TwinSpires 2022 Belmont Stakes Odds Moneyline Odds
(1) We The People Brisset/Prat 2-1 +200
(2) Skippylongstocking Joseph Jr./Franco 20-1 +2000
(3) Nest Pletcher/J. Ortiz 8-1 +800
(4) Rich Strike Reed/Leon 7-2 +350
(5) Creative Minister McPeek/Hernandez Jr. 6-1 +600
(6) Mo Donegal Pletcher/I. Ortiz Jr. 5-2 +250
(7) Golden Glider Casse/D. Davis 20-1 +2000
(8) Barber Road J. Ortiz/J. Rosario 10-1 +1000
|(Post Position) Horse||Trainer/Jockey||TwinSpires 2022 Belmont Stakes Odds||Moneyline Odds|
|(1) We The People||Brisset/Prat||2-1||+200|
|(2) Skippylongstocking||Joseph Jr./Franco||20-1||+2000|
|(3) Nest||Pletcher/J. Ortiz||8-1||+800|
|(4) Rich Strike||Reed/Leon||7-2||+350|
|(5) Creative Minister||McPeek/Hernandez Jr.||6-1||+600|
|(6) Mo Donegal||Pletcher/I. Ortiz Jr.||5-2||+250|
|(7) Golden Glider||Casse/D. Davis||20-1||+2000|
|(8) Barber Road||J. Ortiz/J. Rosario||10-1||+1000|
Belmont Stakes horses
It’s still a little too early to know what the field at the 2023 Belmont Stakes will entail; once we do know, we’ve got you covered.
Belmont Stakes Predictions
Stay tuned for 2023 Belmont Stakes predictions closer to the event.
Where to bet on the Belmont Stakes
Now that online horse betting is legal in more than forty states across the map, most players should have no issues placing some action on any of the Triple Crown races. There are six major horse betting operators in the United States, each one open for business in a mix of different states. While some areas may have access to one platform, other states may not. Generally speaking, most states will have access to one of TVG or TwinSpires, with some variation of AmWager, DRF Bets, and NYRA Bets also involved. For players residing in New Jersey, you’ll have no choice but to wager with 4NJBets – it’s the same exact platform as TVG, except tailored to bettors in NJ.
Belmont Stakes best offers explained
Aside from NYRA Bets, each of the horse betting sites mentioned above are offering all first-time users a special welcome bonus just for signing up! Terms and conditions will vary by promotion, so be sure to check out all of the details down below before jumping into any action.
TVG and 4NJBets
Residents of New Jersey and any of the countless states with access to TVG’s services can take advantage of an incredible welcome bonus offer when betting on this year’s Belmont Stakes. The offer consists of a $200 risk-free first wager, meaning players can place their first win-type bet on a single horse and get their money back if things go south. In order to take advantage, register for a brand new account using our link, make a deposit, and place your qualifying initial wager within fifteen (15) days of account creation.
If your horse falls short, TVG and 4NJBets will reimburse 100% of your original stake, capped at $200! Within 24 hours of bet settlement, TVG will distribute a wagering credit to your account, equal to your lost stake. The wagering credit must be used before it can be withdrawn and will expire if unused thirty (30) days after issuance.
The official betting partner of the Kentucky Derby is back with another quality promotional offering. All new, first-time users that sign up with TwinSpires can unlock up to $400 in additional bonus cash just by placing some bets!
Taking advantage of this offer is extremely simple. After creating a brand new account using one of our links, wager a minimum of $1600 with TwinSpires during the first thirty (30) days of registration. For every $400 wagered on the platform, players will unlock $100 in bonus cash. When either the promotional period ends or the player manages to clear the full $1600 wagering requirement, any bonus cash accumulated will be added to their account within ten (10) days of the final bet’s settlement. Once the bonus funds are acquired, players will have thirty (30) days to use them before they expire!
AmWager is officially upping the stakes from its previous offer! For a limited time only, the popular horse betting site is offering all new users a 100% match worth up to $300 on their first deposit with the platform.
Players can claim this offer by signing up for a brand new account with AmWager using our link, making an initial deposit of at least $300 or more, and placing at least $300 in qualifying wagers within the first thirty (30) days of account creation. Within seven (7) business days after this requirement is met, AmWager will load up your account with $300 in bonus funds. All bonus funds must be played through before they can be extracted and are set to expire if they remain unused after thirty (30) days.
The Daily Racing Form’s online horse betting platform stepped up to the plate with one of the best welcome bonuses of them all. All new users who sign up for an account with DRF Bets using one of our links will double their money right out of the gate, starting out with a bankroll of $500 when they deposit just $250!
If this offer sounds enticing, simply sign up, make your first deposit within fourteen (14) days of registration, and DRF Bets will fully match that deposit all the way up to $250. In order to clear the bonus funds for withdrawal, players must wager the full bonus and deposit amount at least 1x. The deposit bonus will expire after fourteen (14) days, so always keep tabs on them and be sure to use them before they are gone!
Oh yeah, one more thing – as an added bonus, DRF Bets is also throwing in 10 Free Formulator PPs as a part of their absolutely stacked welcome package. It’s a three-part offer like no other, and one we recommend jumping on if you plan on betting the Belmont Stakes this weekend.
States with legal Belmont Stakes betting
As prefaced above, not every online horse betting platform is available in every state. Where you live will ultimately dictate which options are offered, as horse racing sites require your home address and will restrict your access based on that detail alone. Among the 41 states with legal online horse betting, here is a full list of which operators are currently accepting action in each one:
- (AL) Alabama: AmWager, DRF, NYRA Bets, TwinSpires
- (AZ) Arizona: DRF, TVG, TwinSpires
- (AR) Arkansas: DRF, NYRA Bets, TVG, TwinSpires
- (CA) California: DRF, NYRA Bets, TVG, TwinSpires
- (CO) Colorado: DRF, NYRA Bets, TVG, TwinSpires
- (CT) Connecticut: AmWager, DRF, NYRA Bets, TVG, TwinSpires
- (DE) Delaware: AmWager, DRF, NYRA Bets, TVG, TwinSpires
- (FL) Florida: AmWager, DRF, NYRA Bets, TVG, TwinSpires
- (ID) Idaho: AmWager, DRF, TVG, TwinSpires
- (IL) Illinois: DRF, NYRA Bets, TVG, TwinSpires
- (IN) Indiana: AmWager, DRF, NYRA Bets, TVG, TwinSpires
- (IA) Iowa: DRF, TVG, TwinSpires
- (KS) Kansas: AmWager, DRF, TwinSpires
- (KY) Kentucky: AmWager, DRF, NYRA Bets, TVG, TwinSpires
- (LA) Louisiana: AmWager, DRF, NYRA Bets, TVG, TwinSpires
- (ME) Maine: Residents of Maine are required to place their bets at HollywoodRaces.com
- (MD) Maryland: DRF, NYRA Bets, TVG, TwinSpires
- (MA) Massachusetts: AmWager, DRF, NYRA Bets, TVG, TwinSpires
- (MI) Michigan: DRF, NYRA Bets, TVG, TwinSpires
- (MN) Minnesota: DRF, NYRA Bets, TVG, TwinSpires
- (MT) Montana: AmWager, DRF, NYRA Bets, TVG, TwinSpires
- (NE) Nebraska: AmWager, DRF, TwinSpires
- (NV) Nevada: Residents of Nevada are required to place their bets through apps and websites provided by the state’s casinos
- (NH) New Hampshire: AmWager, DRF, NYRA Bets, TVG, TwinSpires
- (NJ) New Jersey: Residents of New Jersey are required to use 4NJBets, the only app available in the state
- (NM) New Mexico: AmWager, DRF, TVG, TwinSpires
- (NY) New York: AmWager, DRF, NYRA Bets, TVG, TwinSpires
- (ND) North Dakota: AmWager, DRF, NYRA Bets, TVG, TwinSpires
- (OH) Ohio: AmWager, DRF, NYRA Bets, TVG, TwinSpires
- (OK) Oklahoma: AmWager, DRF, TwinSpires
- (OR) Oregon: AmWager, DRF, NYRA Bets, TVG, TwinSpires
- (PA) Pennsylvania: DRF, NYRA Bets, TVG, TwinSpires
- (RI) Rhode Island: AmWager, DRF, NYRA Bets, TVG, TwinSpires
- (SD) South Dakota: AmWager, DRF, NYRA Bets, TVG, TwinSpires
- (TN) Tennessee: AmWager, DRF, NYRA Bets, TwinSpires
- (VT) Vermont: AmWager, DRF, NYRA Bets, TVG, TwinSpires
- (VA) Virginia: DRF, NYRA Bets, TVG, TwinSpires
- (WA) Washington: DRF, NYRA Bets, TVG, TwinSpires
- (WV) West Virginia: AmWager, DRF, NYRA Bets, TVG, TwinSpires
- (WI) Wisconsin: AmWager, DRF, NYRA Bets, TwinSpires
- (WY) Wyoming: AmWager, DRF, TVG, TwinSpires
As for the remaining nine, bettors located in Mississippi and Texas can place wagers on the Belmont Stakes in person at any retail facilities located in their state. For the time being, online horse betting remains illegal in both states.
Similar to the above, bettors based in Missouri are permitted to place wagers on horses in person, but not online. Despite this, Missourians are still unable to place any wagers because the state requires all action to take place at a racetrack, which the state currently does not have.
Unfortunately for players residing in Alaska, Georgia, Hawaii, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Utah, there are no legal means to place a wager on the Belmont Stakes, as horse betting is still very much against the law in each of those areas.
How to bet on the Belmont Stakes
Now that you’ve figured out which platforms are accepting action in your state, it’s time for the fun part – placing some bets! Submitting a wager on a specific horse or race can seem intimidating at first, however it’s really quite simple when broken down:
- Win, Place, or Show: The three most common bets placed on horses. Wager on a horse to win if you think it will finish in first place – and only first. If you bet on a horse to place, you can cash that ticket if it finishes first or second. Lastly, bettors can bet on a horse to show and walk away a winner if their horse finishes anywhere within the top 3. The payout for this wager is slightly lower than the others, but it opens up more opportunities to win!
- Exacta: Select both the first and second place finishers in their exact order.
- Quinella: Select both the first and second place finishers in any order.
- Trifecta: One of the most popular bets in the sport, a trifecta involves selecting the first, second, and third place finishers in the exact order in which they finish.
- Superfecta: A step up from a trifecta, a superfecta involves selecting the first, second, third, AND fourth place finishers in the exact order in which they finish.
- Super Hi-Five: One more level up from a superfecta, a super hi-five requires players to correctly select the first, second, third, fourth, and fifth place finishers in their exact order.
On top of the loaded menu of betting options listed above, players will also have the option to pair their best Belmont Stakes picks with selections from any of the other twelve races taking place on Saturday:
- Double: Select the winner in back-to-back races
- Pick 3: Select the victor in three consecutive races
- Pick 4: Select the first place runner in four consecutive races
- Pick 5: Select the winner in five consecutive races
- Pick 6: Select the winner in six consecutive races
Belmont Stakes 2022 results
The 2022 Belmont Stakes marked the 154th edition of the Test of the Champion and was highlighted by Mo Donegal, who won the grand prize. Irad Ortiz Jr. was the jockey for Mo Donegal.
We the People took an early lead, but it wasn’t for long as Mo Donegal turned on the burners to pass by the competition for the win.
Mo Donegal had a disappointing run in the 2022 Kentucky Derby but more than made up for it in the Belmont Stakes. Mo Donegal closed as the favorite right before the race with 5-2 odds of winning.
Here are the full results from the 2022 Belmont Stakes:
- Mo Donegal
- We the People
- Creative Minister
- Rich Strike
- Barber Road
- Golden Glider
History of the Belmont Stakes
The first ever running of the Belmont Stakes took place in 1867 at Jerome Park Racetrack in The Bronx, New York and featured a filly named Ruthless taking first place. The track had been built just one year prior to the inaugural race in 1866 by financial specialist Leonard Jerome, funded by horse enthusiast August Belmont Sr. After taking place at Jerome Park for the better part of 23 years, the Belmont Stakes was moved to Westchester County’s Morris Park Racecourse in 1890. After about fifteen years in Morris Park, the race was once again moved to its permanent home at Belmont Park in 1905. The 430-acre racetrack is located in Elmont, New York and proudly hosts the race to this day.
After just a few years in its new home at Belmont Park, the Belmont Stakes was unfortunately cancelled in both 1911 and 1912 due to anti-gambling laws that were passed in New York State.
The first Triple Crown
The race returned by 1913, and would feature the first ever Triple Crown winner, Sir Barton, in 1919. Gallant Fox would follow in 1930, but it wasn’t until Omaha accomplished the feat in 1935 that the Triple Crown started to become a national phenomenon. In 1937, a horse by the name of War Admiral shattered the Belmont Stakes track record en route to locking up the fourth ever Triple Crown in history, at the time. Nearly thirty years and four more Triple Crown winners later, the race was temporarily held at Aqueduct Racetrack from 1963-1967 while Belmont underwent renovations.
In 1973, Secretariat became the first Triple Crown winner in 25 years when he dusted off the competition at Belmont by thirty-one lengths, setting the track’s all-time record at 2:24. Nearly half-a-century later, his record remains unbeaten. Following Seattle Slew’s Triple Crown victory at Belmont Park in 1977, racing fans would undergo a 37-year drought until the next such occurrence. American Pharoah effectively ended this in 2015, clocking in with the sixth-fastest Belmont Stakes run in history while securing the Triple Crown. Three years later in 2018, Justify joined him as the only other horse in the 21st century to win all three major races.
The Belmont during COVID
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the 2020 Belmont Stakes had to take place without any fans in attendance. While the race did manage to run during its usual month, both the Kentucky Derby and Preakness Stakes were unfortunately moved to later dates. As a result, it was the first time in history that the race served as the first leg of the Triple Crown. On top of moving the other races, the Belmont Stakes was also shortened to just 9 furlongs for its 2020 running, marking the race’s shortest distance over the last 200+ years.
Belmont Stakes FAQs
The 2023 Belmont Stakes is projected to begin at 6:49pm ET on Saturday, June 10, 2023. The race is set to air on NBC and should not take very long, so get settled in early and buckle up!
Legal online horse betting, including wagering on the 2022 Belmont Stakes, is live in more than 40 states across the map. Rules, regulations, and restrictions will vary from state to state, however players located in the following areas should be able to digitally bet the Belmont Stakes with ease:
AL, AZ, AR, CO, CA, CT, DE, FL, ID, IN, IL, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MA, MD, MI, MN, MT, NV, NE, NH, NJ, NY, NM, ND, OK, OH, OR, PA, RI, TN, SD, VT, VA, WA, WV, WI, WY.
Yes, of course you can! Bettors residing in any of the states listed above can wager on the 2022 Belmont Stakes using a variety of horse betting operators, including TwinSpires, TVG, AmWager, NYRA Bets, DRF Bets, or 4NJBets. A full list of which operators are available in your state can be found within this article.
Absolutely! TVG, 4NJBets, TwinSpires, AmWager, and DRF Bets are each currently offering all new users a cool new user bonus offer when they register for a new account and bet on the Belmont Stakes! Check out the top of this page for full details, terms, and conditions regarding each offer and find out how you can take snag one today!
For the most part, the legal horse betting age in most states is 18 years or older. Some states will, however, require players to be at least 21 years or older.
The 155th running of the Belmont Stakes is set to take place on Saturday, June 10, 2023, with a projected post time of 6:49pm ET. The main event is Race No. 11 out of 13 on Saturday’s packed card, which kicks off at 11:20am ET.
The Belmont Stakes annually takes place at the famous Belmont Park race track located in Elmont, New York.
Coverage will air on FS2 from 11:30am – 2:30pm ET before switching over to NBC’s platforms at 3:00pm ET. From then until the conclusion of the main event, viewers can choose between NBC, NBCSports.com, the NBC Sports app, or Peacock to watch the action unfold. Additional coverage of the final two races will be available back over on FS2 from 7:15pm – 8:15pm ET.
The Belmont Stakes is a Grade I thoroughbred horse race that extends 1.5 miles long (12 furlongs) on a left-handed dirt track. The race involves three-year-old colts and geldings weighing up to 126 pounds, and fillies weighing up to 121 pounds.
The post-position draw for the 2022 Belmont States took place on Tuesday, June 7th, 2022 at 11:00am ET.