Betfair Casino NJ welcome bonus package – February 2020
Betfair launched in 2013 and quickly climbed the ranks in a very crowded New Jersey online casino market. This was no fluke as Betfair had one of the largest online slot libraries, were one of the first to offer live dealer table games and initially had the largest first deposit bonus in the market.
Betfair continues to add new titles, new table games and consistently great customer service. While Betfair continues to impress with their game selection, the lack of a first deposit bonus money is disapointing.
|Betfiar Casino NJ promo code||No Code Needed|
|Deposit bonus||First Day Risk-Free up to $200|
|Atlantic City Partner||Golden Nugget AC|
When you sign up and make your first real money deposit, Betfair will let you play the first 24 hours risk-free up to $200. Choose any games from their extensive slot catalog, live dealer table games, video poker or online table games. Once you make your first real money wager, the clock starts and any net losses will be refunded as site credit up to $200. The site credit will then need to be turned over 1x in order to withdrawal.
For instance, if you lose $150 during your risk-free period, you will get $150 in site credit. To convert the $150 to cash, you will just need to wager the full $150. If you win $150 during the risk-free period, the money is yours and will be available for withdrawal at any time.
Registering an account at Betfair
Creating your account at Betfair is a simple process and shouldn’t take longer than a minute or two. Before you get started though, just be aware that to play for real money, you need to be 21 years of age. You don’t have to be inside the state to create your account, or even to make a deposit, but when it comes to gambling, you’ll need to be within the borders of New Jersey.
Here’s a quick breakdown of the sign up process:
- Once you’re on the site, click the “Register” button and you’ll be taken to the sign up screen.
- This is where you’ll fill out your personal information, including your birthdate, email, password and a couple of security questions.
- Next you’ll enter your address, phone number and last four digits of your Social Security number, which is necessary to verify that you are who you say you are. This is also where you’ll enter the Promo Code, if applicable.
- Once you click Create Account, your account will be registered and you will be given options for making your first real money deposit. Remember, your risk-free 24 hours starts after your first wager, not from when you register.
Available software platforms
These days, we expect our favorite websites to be available not just on desktop, but on-the-go through our mobile devices – and Betfair delivers.
Players can experience Betfair in all of its glory on desktops or laptops simply by navigating to the website using their favorite browsers. Once you’re there, there is no special software to download, you can simply sign into your account and begin playing directly on the site.
Betfair players can also gamble and manage their account via dedicated Android and iOS apps. In fact, users need not even load the website on their computer in order to sign up, deposit or play, as everything can be done on a smartphone or tablet.
We should note that game selection on mobile is not quite as large as it is on the desktop site, although the discrepancy is not as wide as it used to be.
While the Betfair desktop design is getting a little dated and simplistic, it is laid out cleanly and isn’t as busy as some competitor interfaces (looking at you Ocean Casino).
Below the main website navigation bar, which features tabs for different game types, along with Live Dealer, sports betting, promotions and more, we find several buttons which allow for further filtering of the game library below it.
On the Table Games page, for example, we see buttons for Featured, New, Exclusive, Blackjack, Roulette and Video Poker. While the feature is helpful, it doesn’t compare to the full-fledged search functions which other sites have implemented. At casinos like Play SugarHouse, players can search for not only individual games, but also apply granular filters which show things like hottest games in terms of payback in the last hour.
On the homepage, Betfair has added a social element by broadcasting a live feed of real-time winners, how much they won and which game they won it on. Again though, SugarHouse has it beat there, allowing players to go so far as message each other to send congratulations after big wins.
All in all though, the interface is easy on the eyes and simple to navigate.
The mobile interface features the same general style of the desktop site and lays out different game types at the top of the screen, while allowing for access to promos, VIP status, and more along the bottom. Players can search for their favorite game through the search function or scroll through the entire mobile library and tap on any of the game thumbnails which catch their eye.
The app is well-designed and gives you access to almost all of the functions available on the desktop website.
Banking at Betfair online casino in NJ
With nearly a dozen deposit methods, you should have no trouble loading money onto the site. Don’t have a checking account? No problem, you can deposit cash directly via more than one route. Want to use your credit card? You can do that too, now that processing gambling transactions is legal in the state.
Top five Betfair NJ deposit methods
Here are our top five favorite deposit methods:
- ACH eCheck: We love this method because it is easy and instantaneous. Simply enter your bank login details and request a transfer from your checking account. The money will show up instantly.
- PayPal: I’m willing to guess that most people reading this article have a PayPal account. If that includes you, feel free to use your existing account to make your online gambling deposit.
- Betfair Prepaid Card: We like this method for its acceptance rate. It can also be used as a backup when other depositing methods are rejected. Simply deposit onto the card using your credit or debit cards or ACH then deposit from your prepaid card onto Betfair. BTW, no physical card is necessary.
- Credit cards: Visa and MasterCard holders can make deposits with their cards, although some banks have been known to reject gambling transactions. If you choose this method, just be sure not to get in over your head!
- Cash @ Golden Nugget cage: Sidestep the online banking ecosystem entirely by bringing your hard-earned cash right up to the cashier’s cage at Golden Nugget Casino in Atlantic City. Deposits show up inside your account as soon as you hand the money over.
Other deposit methods:
- PayNearMe: Load your account with cash from most 7-Eleven, CVS, and Family Dollar stores.
- Online banking transfer: Log-in through your bank portal, and deposit that way. You’ll need automatic Bill Pay enabled, and this method can be subject to lower deposit amounts.
- Bank wire
- Paper checks
- Wire transfer
Hopefully, you’ll take the Betfair deposit bonus and run up a large payday. If you do, you’ll have the following ways to cash out:
- Cash @ cage
- ACH eCheck
- Betfair Prepaid Card
- Paper check
Betfair Casino online game selection
Betfair’s game library runs the gamut between slots, video poker, traditionally popular table games like blackjack and roulette, to less common titles like Hi-Lo Solitaire. Players can also potentially win big at a number of jackpot slots and try their luck at Virtual Sports (even though the FanDuel-powered sportsbook is just a click away).
While Betfair players have a vast array of games choose from, the collection doesn’t quite stack up to competitors like Golden Nugget, Resorts and SugarHouse, some of which feature hundreds more games.
One of the great advantages of playing online is just how loose some of the slots can be, compared with brick-and-mortar machines. In fact, if you know which slots to look for, you can find games that return upwards of 99%, something especially useful when clearing the site’s daunting bonus!
Open the site’s home page and you’ll see a large grid of amazingly diverse slot games. Not all players are the same, some enjoy a slot because of a specific theme or artwork style, others may favor wild swings over stability. If you’re looking for value, though, we can offer you some suggestions.
High returning slots on Betfair Casino NJ
- Jekyll Goes Wild: This Barcrest slot features a Big Bet option, which essentially lets you pay to trigger a bonus round. When the option is set, you can get returns of up to 98.2%.
- Starmania: Produced by NYX Gaming, this 10-line slot pays not just from left to right, but also right to left, giving players an impressive 97.9% return on average.
- Golden: This 243 ways to win slot is the brainchild of NexGen Gaming. It features a free games bonus which awards 10 free spins which also helps boost its RTP up to 97.2%.
- Spin Sorceress: Combining appealing 3D visuals, a Free Spins round, Wild Reels and an innovative feature called Super Bet, Spin Sorceress pays back up to 97.1% on your bets.
- Motorhead: One of several NetEnt slots based on legendary rock groups, Motorhead lets you rock out while offering up to 97% RTP.
Of course, not every gambler chooses their game strictly based on return to player percentage – some games are simply more fun to play than others no matter what their return may be. Here are some of Betfair’s most popular slots overall:
- Double Stacks
- Crazy Money
- Solar Disc
- Lost Relics
- Elephant King
Jackpot slots are favorite amongst Garden State gamblers, and Betfair comes through with a decent sized selection. However, not all titles you see under the Jackpots tab are true progressive slots, or rather, slots which set aside a portion of players’ wagers into a collective jackpot.
Some of them have the potential to payout “jackpots”, but the amounts are static, or are determined solely by the size of the player’s bet. Of course, you can still win big in these types of games, but we thought we’d make the distinction clear.
One of the proper progressives is the wildly popular ancient-Greek themed Divine Fortune, which, in our opinion, offers one of the most fun and exciting player experiences of any slot on the site. Not only can you potentially win a Minor, Major or Mega (progressive) Jackpot, but you can trigger an extremely lucrative Free Spins round, or even rake in big bucks during the base game through the title’s innovative Wild Re-Spin feature.
Another progressive to note is Medieval Gold, which is exclusive to Betfair Casino. Unfortunately, the slot isn’t nearly as popular as Divine Fortune, and its jackpot seems to stay in the low four-figure range. On the other hand, you’re probably much more likely to hit the jackpot on Medieval Gold than Divine Fortune, which regularly breaks the six-figure mark.
Other progressives include:
- One Red Cent Deluxe
- Gong Xi Fa Cai
- Mercy of The Gods
Table games at Betfair Casino
While its overall game selection may be lagging behind some of the top dogs, Betfair does still support a very rounded out list of table game titles, and even includes games you rarely see on other sites.
Betfair boasts more than enough variations to please most blackjack players. Gamblers can choose from a handful of no-frills tables produced by the likes of IGT and GAN, or try their luck at a multi-hand table, which allows players to bet on several hands at the same time.
The site even spreads a blackjack game exclusive to the operator, called Pro Blackjack.
While most of the different blackjack games on the site differ only in minor ways, for a truly unique experience, you might want to try Blackjack Xchange. This variant rethinks the perennial favorite and allows players to either pay to switch out a bad card for a good card, or get paid to switch out a favorable card for an unknown one. The game claims to pay back up to 99.68%, which is much better than your average slot game, although you might want to do a little research on perfect strategy before diving in.
There are so many roulette options available on Betfair that the game gets its own tab in the user interface. Not only do we find the standard European and American roulette tables, we can also enjoy several less-common variants, like:
- Double Bonus Spin Roulette
- Three Wheel Roulette
- Roulette Advanced
- Roulette Royale
- Roulette Master
If you don’t feel like learning the ins and outs of these creative takes on roulette, we recommend sticking with a European Roulette option, since these tables feature just one zero slot, offering the player better odds than its American counterpart.
Other table games
Betfair really shines when it comes to lesser-known online casino table games, if that’s your thing. In particular, we mean Hi-Lo Solitaire, EZ Baccarat and Poker Bet.
Other carnival game favorites are there as well:
- Casino Hold‘em Poker
- Let it Ride
Video poker at Betfair
Video poker is sort of the red-headed stepchild of NJ online casino gaming lobbies, with a very limited selection available. Betfair does better than most, offering full-pay single line versions of Jacks or Better and Bonus Poker. Double Bonus and Double Double Bonus (9/6) are also available. All of these games are Game King machines, and will resemble those found at brick & mortar casinos — except online you’ll see a much wider variety of stakes.
Missing are fan favorites like Ultimate X and Super Times Pay. We hope to see these added somewhere down the line.
There is also a three- and five-play option, with more games available (like Joker Poker and Dueces Wild), but slightly less favorable paytables.
Lastly, there is AbraCardabra, which touts itself as a video poker game, but is really mostly a slot following a video poker format. There is a tad of strategy involved, but nothing a newbie couldn’t easily figure out.
Betfair was an early adopter of Live Dealer games, going live with the option after Golden Nugget Casino brought them to NJ in 2016. In fact, Betfair uses the same studio as Golden Nugget, and offers up nearly the same amount of options.
Hours of operation were limited soon after launch, but due to the exploding popularity of the games, Betfair now opens up some of its Live Dealer tables 24 hours a day. Others are open up to 16 hours per day. Betfair and Golden Nugget use the Ezugi platform to power their Live Dealer offering.
Not every game lends itself to Live Dealer play, which mixes the social aspect of a brick-and-mortar casino with the convenience of playing from home or on-the-go. Here are all of the available games:
- Blackjack: Around half a dozen tables are open, with minimum bets starting at $10 and maximums going all the way up to $2,000/hand.
- Unlimited Blackjack: Solves the problem of limited space at the table by allowing an unlimited amount of players to bet on a single hand. Play for as little as $5 a round.
- Roulette: A pair of roulette tables are available 24/7 with bets ranging from $1-$1000. Problem is, they’re American (double zero) Roulette.
- Baccarat: Traditional baccarat game
- Live Hold‘em: Similar to the traditional Texas Hold‘em poker game, but played against the dealer
Betfair NJ loyalty program
We regard Betfair’s loyalty program Betfair Casino VIP as good — not quite as good as the one offered at Play SugarHouse, but definitely rewarding, nonetheless.
As soon as you start playing for real money, you’ll begin to earn Tier Points, which automatically enter you into the loyalty club. Here’s how many points you’ll earn wagering $1 per game type:
- Slots: 5 Tier Points
- Roulette, video poker and table games: 3 Tier Points
- Blackjack: 1 Tier Point
The more Tier Points you earn, the farther along you advance in the loyalty scheme. You’ll start at the Iron level and can go all the way up to the Platinum level. The higher you go, the more rewarding your play will be.
While Tier Points simply determine your level in the hierarchy, Bonus Points are the currency you earn which can be traded in for rewards, like instant bonuses, VIP bonuses, special events and gifts. Here are how many bonus points you generate per $1 played:
- Slots: 5 Bonus Points
- Roulette, video poker and table games: 3 Bonus Points
- Blackjack and Craps: 1 Bonus Point
The monthly point thresholds per VIP level are:
- VIP Iron: Everyone starts here
- VIP Bronze: 25,000
- VIP Silver: 200,000
- VIP Gold: 500,000
- VIP Platinum: 2,500,000
The main benefit of climbing the tiers is that players will be able to exchange their Bonus Points at a better rate. For instance, at the Iron level, players have to play through $1,000 on slots to earn a $1 kickback, but at Platimum, $1 is earned for every $200 in slot play.
Other VIP benefits include VIP Bonuses (Silver), VIP Events (Gold), and a dedicated host at the highest level. All things considered it’s not a bad deal, and Betfair offers stronger cashback rates than most NJ online casino sites. Should the loyalty program be THE deciding factor as to whether you play on Betfair Casino or not? Probably not if you’re a recreational player, but the high end benefits may be a tipping factor for high rollers.
Whenever you have issues, Betfair support is there to help. You can get in touch via:
- Live chat (24/7)
- Email (24/7): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone (10 AM-8 PM EST): 855-BETFAIR
You may also find the answer to your query on the Betfair FAQ, which runs down most common questions.
Our experiences with Betfair support have been fairly good, with decent response times and agents possessing the ability to answer most common questions. The 24/7 email and live chat options are a nice touch, it’s just too bad phone support is only available from 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.